Spot the Pet Poisons in Your Home
Pets explore their worlds by licking, sniffing, touching and swallowing items they encounter. It may have seemed like a good idea at the time to investigate the puddle on the garage floor, down that round roly poly thing on the bathroom counter or munch on the wobbly mouse in the yard. But the consequences could be deadly. And then there are the well meaning pet owner who tries to save money by consulting Dr. Google and treating their pets with toxic outcomes.
Dr. Charlotte Flint, as a senior consulting veterinarian at Pet Poison Helpline has heard stories that would turn your fur green and toss your kibble. We are going to break down room by room some of the most common pet toxins in your home.
Charlotte Flint, DVM is a senior consulting veterinarian at Pet Poison Helpline and has been with Pet Poison Helpline (PPH) since 2010. She graduated from the University of Chicago with a BA degree in Psychology and then received her Doctor of Veterinary Medicine from Iowa State University. After veterinary school, Dr. Flint completed a rotating small animal medicine and surgery internship at Michigan Veterinary Specialists in Southfield, Michigan. Dr. Flint also works as an emergency veterinarian and lives in Minnesota with Finny, an Australian shepherd/coonhound puppy, and two cats, Hank and Asti.